Preferred Supplier to the NHS
NHS Supply Chain Contract Reference:
Medical Healthcare Furniture: 2020/S 252-638069
NHS SBS Contract Reference:
NHS Scotland Contract Reference:
Ranked Number 1 Supplier
Community Equipment Stores offers support for carers and end users. We help supply many products to stores, such as:
- Pressure Area Care
- Community Beds
- Mobility aids
- Moving and Handling equipment
With our decades of experience, we understand the many challenges faced by our front line nurses and carers in the community. We hope to make things a little easier for you.
- Equipment designed specially for the community environment
- Robust, anti-vandal, easy maintenance, and pressure support
- Clinically approved products
- We have a large warehouse where we hold stock so replacements and new products will always be available to you at the click of a button.
- Own Logistics fleet allowing even quicker responses.
- Marketing leading five year warrantees, ensuring low life time costs.
- Easy to clean and maintain
Bed, overbed, chair, mattress, cushion
The Renray Corus low bed has a unique low height of 20cm and is designed to help in the prevention of falls and injuries to clients. The simple to use variable height allows greater independent movement and transfers.
A unique approach
The Corus low bed has been designed using 4 years’ of research on anthropometric data based on the Adult Social Care Survey 2009-2012. Over 227,000 people were surveyed looking at their age, gender, height, weight and mobility.
The findings from the survey showed:
• 175cm average height
• 80kg average weight
• Over 75% are over 64 years old
• 65% female
• 90% either cannot or have difficulty getting out of bed
Corus low bed features
• IEC 60601-2-52 compliant
• Exceptional low height of just 20cm – ideal for use with falls risk users
• 4 Section electric profiling bed
• 60cm top height (75cm with mattress) – ideal height for delivering care
• Bed separates into 4 sections for easy transportation, assembly and installation by a single person
• Enhanced profiling system for improved patient positioning with reduced shear and friction
• Tilt (head down) to -10.5˚
• Reverse tilt (head up) to +10.5˚
• Ø100mm individual braking castors
• Integral storage and transportation unit – transport brackets are stored within the bed frame
• Integral bed extension of 11.5cm with mattress retainer
• Vascular and fowler leg positioning
• Patient handset with security lock-out feature
• Uniquely styled head and foot board design enhancing patients’ visual field, reducing“enclosed feeling” that some beds generate
• Battery backup/emergency lowering facility
• Compatible with a variety of therapeutic support surfaces